Music is an important part of my writing process. I have a long history of creating scenes, plot lines and even full stories inspired by songs that just happened to come up on the radio at the right moment, and nearly everything I write ends up with a more or less official playlist.
Love Starved is no different, of course. Underneath is a list of songs I listened to obsessively as I wrote the story – songs that influenced parts of it, or that simply reflect certain moments.
The full playlist, ready to be listened to in its preferred order that mirrors the story lines, requires logging in to Spotify. (Registration is free and allows you to legally listen to the playlist – and tons of other music – as many times as you wish, without shuffling the songs for you.)
8tracks playlist is missing one song, because it can’t contain more than two songs by one artist. It will also shuffle the songs after the first playback, but it doesn’t require registration.
And if you prefer to find the songs yourself – here’s the list:
1. “I’ll Try” – Jonatha Brooke
2. “A Whole New World” – Lea Salonga and Brad Kane
3. “For Your Entertainment” – Adam Lambert [*missing from the 8tracks playlist*]
4. “Whataya Want From Me” – Adam Lambert
5. “Safe and Sound” – Taylor Swift, cover by Julia Sheer
6. “Perfect” – Alanis Morissette
7. “Innocent” – Taylor Swift
8. “Giving It Away” – Mae, acoustic
9. “Underneath” – Adam Lambert
10. “Glitter in the Air” – P!nk
11. “I Do” – Colbie Caillat
Love Starved is released on Tuesday, April 21 – in just two days! I hope you enjoy the journey and that the music leads you farther into the story.